Avanti seat covers

DaytonaR2

44 minutes ago, DaytonaR2 said:

Does anyone know where  I can have seat covers made?   Auto Custom Leathers INC. owned by Jerry Zalucki appears to have taken my money and then closed their doors.    

Give Dave Thibeault a call...Dave is extremely reputable, and will no doubt point you in the right direction!

• 3 months later...

Sorry you had that happen with getting new seat covers.  I'm having a local upholstery shop redo the interior in my '76.  Interior was the Acorn brown vinyl and I was able to find some good replacements for the Acorn brown.  The shop did the front seats console and redid the carpeting last Fall and I got the car back to him 3 weeks ago to finish the back seat, door and side panels and rest of interior. Good luck with getting your deposit back and getting a shop to do the work.

• 1 month later...

Today, I wouldn't expect to pay much less than $905 for front & rear seat uph., at least not for quality.  Quality is the issue.  I don't know, however, what the quality of the SI upholstery is.  I would have to see a sample before buying.  "Long after the price is forgotten the quality remains."

--Dwight

Edited by Dwight FitzSimons

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 9:02 AM, Dunkin said:

I have looked at these $905.00 a set, pricy they were around $700.00 a few months ago. Thank you.

Uh wait, You said you got stiffed for $1083 from a scammer! But you say $700 was too pricey a few months ago. I’ve been through the same thing you have, with the exception of that I filed a dispute on my credit card and got a full refund. I find Studebaker International to be a pretty good bunch to deal with. At least you wouldn’t lose sleep at night wondering if you’re going to get what you paid for.

Robert

My bad! Yeah, I got the two posts crossed. Steve went through the same thing that I did. When it comes to upholstery, I don’t even shop around for price. I shop for a sure thing and one that does quality work. Interesting enough is that since my problem with a referral on interior, my cars are dropped off and done in around four weeks. 

On 2/4/2023 at 5:38 AM, 64studeavanti said:

Thanks, I will call her Monday. 

Our upholstery lady at C.A.R.S. in St. Louis is currently doing 6 sets of Avanti upholstery, 2 turquoise, 2 orange, 1 elk and at least one more black. All done and sewn by her and is concours quality.

Price varies, but a full set, both front seat and the back seat is usually around $1,000, maybe $1,200, and depending on the cost of materials.  I don't know if she can ship out of state, but that could get costly, since the seats are heavy and bulky.... both sending them here and return to you.