Avanti seat covers

DaytonaR2

This is a timely topic for me, as the interior in the Avanti I recently purchased needs to be replaced. I've never replaced the interior in a car. Assuming Barb at C.A.R.S. agreed to do the work, what would I need to do to make it happen? Would I need to buy the correct color vinyl and ship it to her ( I'm assuming that since Ischuc says she's currently doing 6 sets that she's familiar with the Avanti interior pattern)? Would I need to ship the seats, console, and side panels to her? My seat padding also needs to be replaced. What is a good source for that? Is it pre-cut?

Mark

Edited by Mark L

Mark,   Barb can get the colors. you need for your Avanti and unlike some suppliers, these are not something else that are died.   It would be best to ship the seats and door panels to her,  since installing the sewed material is not really something that most owners can or should do.   She has installed a number of Avanti upholstery.  

She also has all the patterns to cut and shape the foam padding under the upholstery. There are no kits for this. She makes all the seat pads and the upholstery/

Possibly, but I want my interior to look amazing and have the work done by someone who has experience with the Avanti. If her work is that good, maybe it will be worth the added expense. I can always drop it off and pick it up myself on my trips across the US.

On 4/12/2023 at 8:03 PM, Mark L said:

Possibly, but I want my interior to look amazing and have the work done by someone who has experience with the Avanti. If her work is that good, maybe it will be worth the added expense. I can always drop it off and pick it up myself on my trips across the US.

Mark,  her work is amazing and several Avantis have been shown at Amelia concours with interiors done by Barb.   You will not be disappointed.  

On 3/28/2023 at 10:16 AM, lschuc said:

Price varies, but a full set, both front seat and the back seat is usually around $1,000, maybe $1,200, and depending on the cost of materials.  I don't know if she can ship out of state, but that could get costly, since the seats are heavy and bulky.... both sending them here and return to you. 

Ischuc answered your question on March 28.

On 4/17/2023 at 7:38 PM, Dunkin said:

Thanks for the pictures, looks pretty good! Did she do the door panels also, and is that the original dash pad?

Yes,  she did the door panels.   She is getting ready to do door panels for me in the pleated Elk vinyl.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 7:28 AM, DaytonaR2 said:

Still has not created my seats.  He had no problem taking my money.  I have demanded a refund and there is no response.  It has been almost a year now.

I hope you got your money back.  He made front seats in leather for another car for me a few years ago and they were good.  I know he got very sick and I am not sure he is still alive.  I know somebody was planning to take over the business.