Project Update

Wasjunk

The carpet has a fairly stiff backing that helps. I also spent a lot of time and effort with sound deadener and different thicknesses of jewt padding to get rid of ribs and bumps before final fit and installation. Carpet is glued but sparse in center, mainly edges.  Dave

• 3 weeks later...

My compliments on a really nice outcome ! 👌  I have to re lay all new sound deadener/ Insulation on the floor of my Avanti. What material did you use?  Is normal household Jute underlay OK for this job?  I note the original stuff is a white material of some sort 🙂

Edited by Zedman

My choice for all builds in my shop is a heat and sound deadener material installed first. I use Hushmatt or any similar material. I then use jewt from an automotive interior supply co. The jewt is available in different thickness so it is helpful in getting a level and smooth surface for the carpet. 

8 hours ago, Wasjunk said:

That is the orig. Nardi wheel that was in the car. I have modified it to resemble an original Avanti wheel.

What was involved? It's a mod I'd like to make

I will answer two questions in this reply. The steering wheel was turned 180 degrees from orig position. I cut out a spoke and then took the Nardi signature off of upside down spoke. Sent to Kraft Customs in Texas to have wrapped. Made horn button from blank center. A lot of time and effort! Yes the seats are the orig 73 high back seats. I cut the backs down to orig height. I also made hard backs for them for a slightly more modern and clean by look. Put new adjusters on them with a little more adjustment as well as mounting them back a few inches further than stock.