Sign in to follow this  
Ernie

How Many AVX's?

I've seen a couple of numbers discussed...all less than a dozen. Maybe even no more than 3-6. I tend to believe the lower numbers as I've never seen photos identifying more than the same three cars...a coupe, a T-Top and a convertible.

That is the two numbers I have heard, 3 and 6. Anymore comments?

I saw one at the National Avanti meet in Madison, WI.

There was one in Charlotte too. First I'd seen.

That is the two numbers I have heard, 3 and 6. Anymore comments?

I saw one at the National Avanti meet in Madison, WI.

Look do any body know how many 2002 T-Top Sports Coupe's were made, on pontiac chasse's that year?

Look do any body know how many 2002 T-Top Sports Coupe's were made, on pontiac chasse's that year?

According to John Hull's recent book, there were 53 Avanti's made from 2001-2004 using the TransAm platform. I would guess the majority were convertibles. I had read somewhere (which escapes me) that nearly all sales were for convertibles and Avanti Motors wasn't even buying non-convertible platforms from GM after a certain point. My '02 convertible is #20 of those 53...its assembly date was 12/01 according to the manufacturer's plate on the door jamb.

Again according to John Hull's book "Three "factory" AVX automobiles were built. The coupe and T-top models were built on Pontiac Firebird chassis with the convertible built on a Chevrolet Camaro chassis." I don't have any idea what "factory" means. But the story here was really interesting and the pictures of the cars are really great--sure would love to have the money to buy one if they were still made. If these were made today as an electric vehicle with even a 100 mile range and quick recharge capacity, it sure seems they might sell very well.