Blake's Avanti!

mfg

In the major Avanti article in the Volume 1 Number 1 of Collectible Automobile, there is a long interview with Steve Blake. In it, Steve states that his first Avanti was ".....an old Avanti II, a '68 or '69 with, I think, 90,000 miles......". He purchased this because his Maserati (!) was not reliable enough to drive every day. He later goes on to say that "In late 1974or early '75 I bought a new one."

The four potential answers don't seem to fit, but 1970 is the closest so I'll say #1. Are you sure you are not actually asking about the first new Avanti Steven Blake owned?  :)

6 hours ago, r1lark said:

In the major Avanti article in the Volume 1 Number 1 of Collectible Automobile, there is a long interview with Steve Blake. In it, Steve states that his first Avanti was ".....an old Avanti II, a '68 or '69 with, I think, 90,000 miles......". He purchased this because his Maserati (!) was not reliable enough to drive every day. He later goes on to say that "In late 1974or early '75 I bought a new one."

The four potential answers don't seem to fit, but 1970 is the closest so I'll say #1. Are you sure you are not actually asking about the first new Avanti Steven Blake owned?  :)

Paul, you may be correct, however, in an interview with Steve Blake printed in The 'Washington Times', 10/11/82, he stated the model year of the FIRST Avanti he purchased (indeed a used one) was one of the above four choices.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?:huh:

On 10/24/2020 at 7:41 PM, mfg said:

The first Avanti Steve Blake actually owned was a ......?..... model.

1) 1970......2) 1972.....3) 1975.....or.....4) 1978

My memory says 1) 1970.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, pantera928 said:

Every blind squirrel gets an acorn eventually🤣

Never heard that one before - but I'm not from GA.😆

1 hour ago, wdaly said:

Never heard that one before - but I'm not from GA.😆

Me either but i have lived everywhere. Not sure where i heard that. Definitely wasn't in Egypt or Libya though