Sign in to follow this  
Desert Driver

Radiator Replacement

Any idea what brand radiator was used on '71 Avanti II's? I'd like to go with an aluminum replacement and a high cfm electric fan. Avanti is a cool car...I'd just like it to run cooler!

Thanks for your info...that's a beast!!

The Evans coolant and switching out to a six blade fan has helped some, but I gotta take the next step with a radiator change out and electric fan(s). Anyone know where Studebaker did high temp testing? (tongue firmly in cheek)

Some years ago I purchased near the last NOS Stude Avanti radiator from what was then Avanti Motors....I installed it into my '63.

I don't know if having it is a blessing or a curse!.....it cools well, however if it were ever damaged I'm not sure there's even one auto radiator repair shop left in my area that hasn't closed its doors......Long story short, it's getting quite hard to get a brass radiator repaired!......Going forward, I'd go with aluminum.:)

You can try Tough Guy Enterprises, Inc. 64080 US Highway 31, Lakeville, IN 46536 (574) 233-6488.  The family has started  doing radiator repairs before the Studebaker factory closed.  The have worked on 2 of my Avanti's and have a stash of parts.