Sign in to follow this  
StudeNorm

rear quarter window seals

I read recently about repo rear quarter seals now being available but I have lost my source... Can someone direct me to the vendor? Thanks.

Edited by StudeNorm

30 minutes ago, StudeNorm said:

I read recently about repo rear quarter seals now being available but I have lost my source... Can someone direct me to the vendor? Thanks.

R2W55

• AOAI Forum Member
  • R2W55
  • AOAI Forum Members
  • 24 posts
  • My Avanti:1978 2731

My information is that Russ Ware, (Studebaker Parts) bought all of Valerie Hanson Rubber stock and is getting the mold made for these parts.

I talked to him at 602-995-5311.

These are supposed to be available this year sometime

No, they will be out around the middle of April. I have tested the prototypes, and they are perfect. 

IMG_5740.jpg

Excellent news.

When I brought my car home 5 years ago I got caught in a torrential rainstorm beside Mt. Robson, BC. It seemed to me that there was as much water coming in the rear wing windows as around the fronts. I have since got the fronts adjusted but still try to avoid ANY chance of driving in the rain. Now I keep two large terry towels in the car, just in case... 

Count me in for a set as soon as they are available.

On 2/21/2019 at 11:46 AM, brad said:

No, they will be out around the middle of April. I have tested the prototypes, and they are perfect. 

IMG_5740.jpg

They really should be tested under harsh Australian conditions. Have them send me 2 sets and I will begin testing immediately.

Pb

See 'Avanti Parts' section for further info on these seals............

You will soon be able to buy the rear quarter window rubber seals sometime this month or at latest, hopefully in April.   

See their website for these and other very high quality Avanti parts at: https://endurancebuiltproducts.com/

On 3/13/2019 at 12:34 AM, lschuc said:

You will soon be able to buy the rear quarter window rubber seals sometime this month or at latest, hopefully in April.   

See their website for these and other very high quality Avanti parts at: https://endurancebuiltproducts.com/

That was fun watching the headlight covers being made.

Yes, just noticed the video of the headlight glass being made.