Looking for back up lights

Yep, 1984 were landscape oriented and adjacent to the bumperettes.
1985 were portrait oriented and hug the license plate.
At least that's how I differentiate the Blake twins.

My car didn't have any when I bought it, otherwise I would say you could have mine. I'm leaning toward Hella auxiliary lights to fabricate some reverse lights into my bumper. They have several light styles and housings from which to choose.

I would bet you could find somebody parting out an Avanti with the reverse lights you need. Or, look for another light to fill your need.

Check with Jon Myer of Myer's Studebaker.  The last time I was there he had a number of Avanti parts cars.  He may have what you want.  

I wanted more brake/tail light presence on my 83 so I replaced the backup lights in the trunk with red lenses and bought a couple lights off Amazon for backups. I maybe gave up a little originality for what I hope is a little more safety. The backup lights are way more effective that the originals. 
IMG_0375.thumb.jpeg.0c1b486f0807796ff503722753c289c2.jpeg

Those b/u lights look good plus they'll give Waay more light.  btw - my '88 came with the the 'red' lenses on the trunk from the factory.  My understanding is they were changed to red from clear in order to meet new govt light standards.

RQB3263/305 THIS IS MY SOLUTION TO THE BU LIGHT DELEMA 10 YRS AGO....I BOUGHT THE RED PLASTIC LENS MATERIAL ON AMAZON,   THE INBOARD TAIL/BRAKE ARE HOME MADE LED PROBABLY AMAZON ALSO ... THE BU ARE TRUCK LIGHTS WITH A RED OVERLAY ...CERTAINLY UNIQUE/NOT EVEN CLOSE TO ORIGINAL .... BILL IN FLORIDA ... ALL WORKS WELL MANY YEARS.... BILL

FullSizeR.jpg

Posted (edited)

All good suggestions. Many thanks to the Avanti Nation for assistance.

Of the two different styles of back up lights, my preference is the 1985 license plate huggers.  

image.png.d47c9e0e912955423356ea80e11366ef.png

If I can't find them (or the price is too crazy) I'll probably go with Plan B - aftermarket. I need the dough to buy fuel for my baby!

Edited by Desert Driver

RQB3263/81/305    I  OFFER FOR FREE 2  OEM  PLASTIC BU LIGHT LENSES USED  SEND ME A COUPLE BUCKS FOR A PADDED ENVELOPE AND US POST

CALL BILL 386-466-6434 IN FLORIDA