Avanti Birds!

mfg

They let the mice into the engine compartment to chew on the wiring.    Also, they are the cooling holes in the rear inner fenders to let out the hot air from under the hood.

1 hour ago, brad said:

They let the mice into the engine compartment to chew on the wiring.    Also, they are the cooling holes in the rear inner fenders to let out the hot air from under the hood.

Holes in the rear inner fenders to let out hot air from under the hood? Please explain that one.

19 hours ago, brad said:

17 hours ago, pantera928 said:

Holes in the rear inner fenders to let out hot air from under the hood? Please explain that one.

12 hours ago, Dwight FitzSimons said:

This is covered in the latest Avanti Magazine, which I received today.

--Dwight

You Gents know your birds...CORRECT!:D

Brad had it right that the birdhouse holes are for critter access.  One expensive winter I had stored my '76 and '89 convertible in my son in law's garage/machine shed on the farm.  For some reason, the mice preferred to inhabit the convertible, chewing wiring and carpeting in it to the tune of around $1500 to repair.  Trunk carpeting, door panel carpeting and electrical window wiring all had to be replaced.  The '76 had tracks and crap under the hood, but no damage.  They must have found the '89 tastier than the '76.  I learned my lesson about free storage and have been taking the vehicles to a facility that keeps the rodents under control since then.

1 hour ago, plwindish said:

Brad had it right that the birdhouse holes are for critter access.  One expensive winter I had stored my '76 and '89 convertible in my son in law's garage/machine shed on the farm.  For some reason, the mice preferred to inhabit the convertible, chewing wiring and carpeting in it to the tune of around $1500 to repair.  Trunk carpeting, door panel carpeting and electrical window wiring all had to be replaced.  The '76 had tracks and crap under the hood, but no damage.  They must have found the '89 tastier than the '76.  I learned my lesson about free storage and have been taking the vehicles to a facility that keeps the rodents under control since then.

WOW....what a story!:o....I keep baited traps set all around my cars in the back garage.....i don't like harming animals ..but those 'meese' can do a lot of expensive damage!

44 minutes ago, pantera928 said:

Been through that too. Now I have an outdoor cat than can get in the garage. He brings me proof from time to time that he is doing his job🤣

Yep...can't beat a 'on patrol' cat!:)