Quiet days on this forum

pantera928

Just this afternoon I communicated with a friend that bought a new, white P1800 and still has it.  She has only owned new Volvos  starting with a 1959 PV544 Sport.  The 1800 is the only previous one that she kept.  I have known her since the 1950s.

12 hours ago, studegary said:

Just this afternoon I communicated with a friend that bought a new, white P1800 and still has it.  She has only owned new Volvos  starting with a 1959 PV544 Sport.  The 1800 is the only previous one that she kept.  I have known her since the 1950s.

👍 If she needs any help with Volvo P1800, please contact me leo@belik.fi

IMG_2496 4.JPG

Ohhhhhhh - my two Dream Cars!  btw-re The Saint - it's a long and interesting story about how Volvo got their car on the show (for FIVE years).  www.saint.org

Also, I was a 'Pen Pal' of Leslie Charteris only child, his daughter who passed away last year.  I found it interesting that she lived right across Lake Michigan from me!🙂

55 minutes ago, wdaly said:

Ohhhhhhh - my two Dream Cars!  btw-re The Saint - it's a long and interesting story about how Volvo got their car on the show (for FIVE years).  www.saint.org

Also, I was a 'Pen Pal' of Leslie Charteris only child, his daughter who passed away last year.  I found it interesting that she lived right across Lake Michigan from me!🙂

Thanks for the link. My Dad and I used to watch the Saint and I loved that car....and also the Avanti that a neighbor owned

To clarify - that web site did not have all the info on the Volvo.  I must have read about it in one of my books.  In fact Jaguar was approached by the production team and wasn't interested in supplying their New car the XK-E!  One of the production team saw the P-1800 in a showroom and the rest was history.  Jaguar learned it's lesson and supplied the XJ-S years later for "Return of the Saint"!  btw - if I had a 3 car garage I would add a Jensen Interceptor Series 3 Saloon!😉

Edited by wdaly
fine tune

7 minutes ago, wdaly said:

To clarify - that web site did not have all the info on the Volvo.  I must have read about it in one of my books.  In fact Jaguar was approached by the production team and wasn't interested in supplying their New car the XK-E!  One of the production team saw the P-1800 in a showroom and the rest was history.  Jaguar learned it's lesson and supplied the XJ-S years later for "Return of the Saint"!  btw - if I had a 3 car garage I would add a Jensen Interceptor Series 3 Saloon!😉

Well, I found that info by going to that website. Look where is says, "A quick word about the Hirondel"

Started on the rear suspension this weekend. Passenger side, I spent way too much time getting the hardware free from the leaf spring. Driver side I spent 15 minutes cutting the hardware off. Then spent way too much time sourcing the correct length grade 8 hardware locally. Still had to trim the lengths down on the bolts a bit. Everything is back together today. Just going to torque things down properly tomorrow and take it for a shake down. 
Can’t wait to see the difference in ride. The old shocks wouldn’t extend on their own and the springs were inverted. 

Front could and shocks will be next.