uh oh, sat/pepper vs solid at 1064

first a quote

"If your VIN is lower than 4892 it's a salt and pepper and after is all black.

ErnieR"

Geek is 1064 R2 Manual. I have looked at the carpets many times. They "look" original, and are all black.

1. Did I make a bad assumption?

2. what would be the "salt" color, given the interior is Elk/Fawn, exterior Metallic Maroon.

thanks!

There are several vendors where you can get reproduction black carpeting, so it could definitely look original. The salt and pepper style is very difficult to find or even reproduce.

After all these years, and considering the water leak issues Avanti's had, plus normal wear and tear, I don't believe it's unreasonable to assume most surviving Avanti's in any kind of decent condition have had their carpeting replaced at least once.

There are several vendors where you can get reproduction black carpeting, so it could definitely look original. The salt and pepper style is very difficult to find or even reproduce.

After all these years, and considering the water leak issues Avanti's had, plus normal wear and tear, I don't believe it's unreasonable to assume most surviving Avanti's in any kind of decent condition have had their carpeting replaced at least once.

Thanks,

but does anyone KNOW what the original was. black for Salt and Pepper, and if S/P, what color was the Salt?

Ernier gave that information in reply to a question I posed here about carpet suppliers.

Since then, I've been wondering about it. He may be correct...but I want a second/third/fourth opinion before I spend big bucks. :)

I've asked J Myer at the AOAI about it. If he doesn't know, perhaps he can point us in the right direction (like a show judge) for confirmation.

In the meantime, I asked Phantom and they do thave fawn & black and red & black SP carpet sets for about $550.00. I also asked them about what was stock..

Edited by J Boyle

I would jump over to the SDC Forum and post this question. At $550 a set I'd want to be sure also.

ErnieR

Ernier gave that information in reply to a question I posed here about carpet suppliers.

Since then, I've been wondering about it. He may be correct...but I want a second/third/fourth opinion before I spend big bucks. :)

I've asked J Myer at the AOAI about it. If he doesn't know, perhaps he can point us in the right direction (like a show judge) for confirmation.

In the meantime, I asked Phantom and they do thave fawn & black and red & black SP carpet sets for about $550.00. I also asked them about what was stock..

Pay dirt!

There is a copy of the original trim alternatives card posted in the reply.

Could i recommend that a scan of the ENTIRE card be added to the references at this site?

I wanted to ask the question first here, sometimes Avanti questions get the short shift on the SDC site..

I've posed the question there...here's a link to the thread...

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/top...414?