Bob Andrews Drawing

regnalbob

Thanks for sharing. I vaguely remember seeing Dad work on that. He would bring his artwork home on occasion to view in natural light of our home. 

On 3/1/2024 at 7:07 PM, TMA62 said:

Thanks for sharing. I vaguely remember seeing Dad work on that. He would bring his artwork home on occasion to view in natural light of our home. 

A long time ago I was in the Detroit area at an AOA get together of some sort and I sat with your dad at the lunch table. He showed me that Avanti art work.He had some interest in selling similar art work at that time. I suggested he personalize each one with the car’s serial number on a front license plate. I wish I would have talked to him about doing one for me with that license plate idea but I didn’t. He then invited me out in the parking lot to look at another deign he had done on an Avanti on a longer wheel base. He was driving a Lincoln Continental at the time and had the sketch in the trunk. I worked for Ford and was happy to see him driving a Lincoln. Your dad was a nice guy and I was taken back that he would spend time with me much less show me his latest Avanti sketch.

I attended the meet where these were presented.

Bob Andrews was a true inspiration and a real gentlemen. We sat and talked for about 2 hours after the banquet. He introduced me to Chuck Jordan from GM the keynote speaker and personal friend of Bobs.