Tire Sizes

Bamajak

RQB3263/81 .... THIS IS MY EXISTING 205 ..... HOWEVER IF AND WHEN I BUY NEW IT WILL BE  P225/60/R16 VOGUE  GOLD LINE WHITE WALL

BUT  I DOUBT IT WILL HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON  !!!

IMG_2943.jpg

I have an '84. It had michelins on it when purchased. I forget the size...but I discovered that my speedo was 10% faster than actual speed. After some calculations I switched to 225/70R15 (Comp T/A) rear and 225/60R15 front (because 225/70 rubbed the front inner fender well on strong cornering) It is now time to replace them and I am looking at 205/75R15 as they are closest in radius and will make tire rotation easier.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought big 'n' little tires are not hip anymore, no? 😅

My 81 with stock wire wheels has:

P 205/65R15 in front

P 215/75R15 in back

The back tires fill the wheel wells quite nice and very rarely rubs.

I can post a nice side pic when the rain stops, if you are interested.

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2023 at 6:44 PM, grant mills said:

I have an '84. It had michelins on it when purchased. I forget the size...but I discovered that my speedo was 10% faster than actual speed. After some calculations I switched to 225/70R15 (Comp T/A) rear and 225/60R15 front (because 225/70 rubbed the front inner fender well on strong cornering) It is now time to replace them and I am looking at 205/75R15 as they are closest in radius and will make tire rotation easier.

Why not 215/70-R15?  They may be a tiny bit lower in radius, but not enough to care about.  That's what I have on my '64 Avanti and I like them.  B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A - handle great.