AC wiring diagram needed for 87 Avanti

Jim S

I downloaded the wiring diagram for the 87 Avanti.  It covers everything except the HVAC system.  Since the system was Chrysler and not Monte Carlo I need to see how it was wired.  My AC clutch is not engaging all of a sudden.  The clutch works it you jump it. There is no pressure switch in the system as well.  Then fan comes on, but not the clutch when you push the AC buttons. Does anyone have a correct diagram?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have about a 60 page book that has the electrical circuits block diagrams for the 1987 Avanti.  If anyone wants a copy, I am happy to get it copied and just ask to be reimbursed for the copying and shopping charges.  Bob G.

On 8/15/2023 at 2:41 PM, Bob G said:

I have about a 60 page book that has the electrical circuits block diagrams for the 1987 Avanti.  If anyone wants a copy, I am happy to get it copied and just ask to be reimbursed for the copying and shopping charges.  Bob G.

Specifically Avanti?   Where did you find that?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

If you are not in a big hurry, I can scan the pages and email them to you.  I am leaving to spend time with my grandsons for the next 2 weeks and I can scan the pages when I return if you can wait.  That way it won't cost you anything.

Bob

Hi Jim,

If you are not in a big hurry, I can scan the pages and email them to you.  I am leaving to spend time with my grandsons for the next 2 weeks and I can scan the pages when I return if you can wait.  That way it won't cost you anything.

Bob

This is really for Silverstude:

I am going to visit my grandsons in Falls Church tomorrow.  I can bring the 60 page book with me and you can look at and/or copy it if you like.  Please let me know today as I leave to catch a plane early in the morning.

I was given the electrical guide bythe person I purchased the car from.  It is specific to the 1987 Avanti but there is a label on the book that states it is mostly the same for the 1988 and 1989 models.

Bob

On 7/10/2023 at 9:29 PM, Jim S said:

I downloaded the wiring diagram for the 87 Avanti.  It covers everything except the HVAC system.  Since the system was Chrysler and not Monte Carlo I need to see how it was wired.  My AC clutch is not engaging all of a sudden.  The clutch works it you jump it. There is no pressure switch in the system as well.  Then fan comes on, but not the clutch when you push the AC buttons. Does anyone have a correct diagram?

Have you found a diagram for the AC and heater controls as published by Avanti?  If you still need it, I can scan it and email it to you.  The diagram I have is only 43 pages and the AC and heater is on page 35

LSC avantian, I could definitely use the wiring diagram for the 1987 Avanti. Could you possibly email that to me at  tbar10der@aol.com  It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thom 

Thank-you Bob, no hurry.  BTW, My 87 has no pressure switch anywhere.  I've followed all the freon hoses and there is no switch anywhere in the system.

11 hours ago, Thom said:

LSC avantian, I could definitely use the wiring diagram for the 1987 Avanti. Could you possibly email that to me at  tbar10der@aol.com  It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thom 

Scanning them now.  You should have them shortly. They came from the Avanti factory in Villa Rica when I accepted delivery of our 2002.  We drove there with our 88 LSC and purchased many items for the LSC.

Gary

• 1 month later...