Avanti Covers!

mfg

Factory wire spoke wheelcovers could be ordered on 1964 Studebaker Avantis for an additional.......?.......

1) $48.50........2) $68.00.........3) $76.40......or.......4) $82.00

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, scottgriggs said:

Does anybody have a photo of a Stude Avanti with these factory optional wire wheel covers?  I don't think I've ever heard of this or seen a photo.

Scott Griggs

Louisville, KY

wire wheel 1.jpg

wire wheel 2.jpg

Agreed!..they sure don't seem to flow with the "character" of the Studebaker Avanti-now,a set of Halibrands,on the other hand....

I've never seen an Avanti with them.

But then, some just like wire wheels, which weren't readily available in '63.  Those wire wheel covers are close enough to the Borrani offered on later cars and to the Dayton wires dealer added to several others, so there's a minority who would spend the money to get something different than the plain steel wheel covers.

jack vines

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:18 PM, Gunslinger said:

What might look good on a '55 President Speedster doesn't necessarily look good on an Avanti.

IMO, the 1953-early1956 faux wire wheels, as standard on the 1955 Speedsters, was a much better looking item than these. 

8 hours ago, PackardV8 said:

ba1a74e58e03bf471bebc6cab15393d548734145

Really?

jack vines

IMO, Yes.  To me, the second (rear) row of wires make a difference.  The example in your picture would look better with dark/black wheels behind them and with the center painted with the proper translucent gold.  

On 6/17/2018 at 8:02 PM, studegary said:

IMO, Yes.  To me, the second (rear) row of wires make a difference.  The example in your picture would look better with dark/black wheels behind them and with the center painted with the proper translucent gold.  

Gary, if the car in the photo is a President Speedster, the paint color on the wheels matches the lower body color, which on the Speedster models would be correct! :)

1 hour ago, mfg said:

Gary, if the car in the photo is a President Speedster, the paint color on the wheels matches the lower body color, which on the Speedster models would be correct! :)

Yes, I agree.  I was just stating what looks better IMO.