Jump to content

AIR VENTS


Recommended Posts

Methinks that no air movement is part of the original design (charm) of an Avanti. 😏 Mine don't flow much if any (63R 3062). Hot air from the engine bay is also a problem...try to seal the firewall openings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I installed Dyna Mat from the top of the fire wall too back under the front seats up the kick panels and the console.

What a difference, I'm no longer driving around in an oven.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2022 at 4:24 AM, paul shuffleburg said:

I installed Dyna Mat from the top of the fire wall too back under the front seats up the kick panels and the console.

What a difference, I'm no longer driving around in an oven.

Maybe you just answered your own question! Did you install dynamat over the kick panels, blocking the air from coming in through the vents?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 1inxs said:

Maybe you just answered your own question! Did you install dynamat over the kick panels, blocking the air from coming in through the vents?

That was my first thought too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The vents are open. The main reason I installed the Dyna Mat was because no air was coming thru the vents.

The vents on my 51 Commander and 62 Champ really help on a hot day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/24/2022 at 3:28 AM, paul shuffleburg said:

The vents are open. The main reason I installed the Dyna Mat was because no air was coming thru the vents.

The vents on my 51 Commander and 62 Champ really help on a hot day.

Cram the exhaust hose of a shop vac into the cabin vents and follow the air flow. There's got to be an obstruction somewhere between point A and point B./

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...