1987 Avanti convertible production numbers

Steve_avanti

17 hours ago, Steve_avanti said:

Hi All,

Does anyone have definitive production numbers?  I've seen inconsistent "facts" posted on various sites.  Thanks!

Steve

I believe that there were 166 1987 Avantis built.  Like you, I have seen different numbers for the different body styles.  The number that I go with for convertibles is 54.   I purchased ---006, a coupe, new and I was in contract to buy ---027, a convertible, new. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, silverstude said:

From John Hulls notes:

AvantiIIprod.jpg

I have problems with these numbers.  Examples; the stop for 1966 should be 0116, not "0016".  The span should count both the start and end units.  For example if the numbers go from one to ten, the number should be ten, not nine.  This is incorrectly calculated for most, but not all, years (inconsistent).   

With these numbers you can not break out what is a convertible and what is not can you? My 1991 convertible as I was told they only made 6, the rest were 4 doors.

i was chasing a '91 convertible earlier last year and the collective opinions i gathered were that there were from 12 to 15 total. for what it's worth, (probably not much!). i stopped when the best price i could find on a new top was going to run me 8k to 10k depending on circumstances unknown.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Gary K said:

Hello. What’s the production number of 1988 avant- convertible please ?????

Refer to my response in the other topic/thread where you posted the same question.  It would have been better if you simply started a new topic/thread for your question, rather than hijacking two others.  Among other reasons, that would make it much better/easier for others to find it in the future.