Radiator Help -- Urgent

Lancer

I need help to quickly find a new radiator for our 1983 Avanti at a price something  less than $650.00.  A reasonable priced after market one would be OK if it does not require a lot of modifications to make it fit.   Thanks

Is your radiator not in good enough condition to be recored?  A radiator shop can recore it for less than the cost of a new radiator.  They order cores by dimensions. If you choose to go this way specify a core with increased fins per inch...it gives increased cooling area even if the same number of rows.

The radiator shop says the whole thing is paper thin and not repairable -- they do not sell new radiators so I have to find on my own.  Dan Both says the reproductions sold by Avanti Parts and Studebaker Int'l are not up to par for cooling; he wants me to send him the old radiator and he will get it fixed for $525.00 plus a lot of shipping expense,    In the mean time I need to get the Avanti out of my mechanic's shop so he can work on other cars.  To move the car outside is a big problem because of the wonderful leaking sum roofs -- what is to be done????  Has anyone out there used one of the reproduction units?

Some have found some more or less universal units they've adapted for an Avanti.  Maybe one of them will speak up.  If nothing else, a good radiator shop (emphasis on "good") can fabricate a new radiator but that may cost as much or more than sending yours to Dan Booth.