Avanti Wheelcover!

mfg

2 hours ago, mfg said:

Sorry Gary, you are incorrect.:(

The four page 1983 factory brochure states; "Wire Wheel Covers" under "STANDARD EQUIPMENT", therefore, Why was my answer incorrect? 

8 minutes ago, studegary said:

The four page 1983 factory brochure states; "Wire Wheel Covers" under "STANDARD EQUIPMENT", therefore, Why was my answer incorrect? 

There were four types of wheels/wheelcovers available on the 1983 Avantis....Magnum 500, Real wire wheel, Wire wheel cover, and the original Studebaker Avanti full wheelcover, which was standard if none of the others were specified!

12 minutes ago, mfg said:

There were four types of wheels/wheelcovers available on the 1983 Avantis....Magnum 500, Real wire wheel, Wire wheel cover, and the original Studebaker Avanti full wheelcover, which was standard if none of the others were specified!

Not according to the 1983 factory brochure that I referenced.  One possible explanation for the discrepancy, that I can imagine, is if one type was standard at announcement (or prior) and the other was standard later during the model year.  What is your claim based on?  

Thanks Bob, your documents make my point exactly!....The page at left is for the 1984 Avanti...the first year wire wheelcovers were standard equipment.

The page to the right is for the 1983 Avanti, the last year "full wheel discs" (Stude Avanti wheelcovers )were standard equipment....Thanks again Bob!:)

6 minutes ago, mfg said:

Thanks Bob, your documents make my point exactly!....The page at left is for the 1984 Avanti...the first year wire wheelcovers were standard equipment.

The page to the right is for the 1983 Avanti, the last year "full wheel discs" (Stude Avanti wheelcovers )were standard equipment....Thanks again Bob!:)

They are both for the 1983 Avanti.

The first one is from the four page brochure that Gary refers to and can be found in John Hull's book and other sources.

The bottom of the second one states: Subject to Change

3 minutes ago, Regnalbob said:

The first one is from the four page brochure that Gary refers to and can be found in John Hull's book and other sources.

No Bob, the page to the left clearly illustrates a 1984 Avanti....I'm a bit surprised you didn't notice that!:o

6 minutes ago, Regnalbob said:

Also, the page to the left is DEFINITELY NOT from the 1983 color brochure, a document which I was given at the 1983 new car auto show which was held in Boston Mass.

(Two 1983 Avantis were displayed.....I currently own one of those two factory show cars.)

This is the window sticker from my 83. It came with the wire wheel covers listed as an option. My only question is why would you buy them with the price listed. They are still setting on the shelf of my polebarn if anyone wants to make an offer.

stickerup1.jpg

Bob, that window sticker indicates that real wire wheels were originally fitted to your Avanti....The explanation might possibly be that, like my own '83 Avanti, real wires were originally fitted, however, the first owner didn't want them, (high maintenance), and had them removed. (for a refund.)

At that point, standard steel wheels with wire caps were installed by Avanti Motors.....Ed