Avanti Contest!

mfg

Late in 1963, Studebaker instituted a contest (sweepstakes) with the prizes being brand new Studebakers, including ......?...... new Avantis!

1) Ten............2) Fifteen.........3) Twenty Five.....or ......4) Thirty

1 hour ago, studegary said:

I would think that "late in 1963" would mean 1964 model vehicles.  Paul's nice input is for 1963 vehicles.  

I'll up my estimate/guess to 2) 15.

EXCELLENT DEDUCTION Gary!, (1964),... However, you're answer is still incorrect.

Duh - I sure didn't read very closely did I? :o

Found what seems to be another contest, illustrated on page 64 of the Bonsall book "Avanti!", but this too was in 1963. And it appears they were giving away only one Avanti as the Grand Prize. Second prices were two Larks or Hawks. The 4th place prize was interesting - there were twenty-five of them and one choice was a Gravely tractor.

Obviously the correct answer is Thirty (using my awesome powers of deduction :lol:). Ed, please post the advertisement(s) showing this contest, would love to see it.

2 hours ago, lschuc said:

No 3: ... 25 Avantis were given away.  See the second page foldout of the ad attached to R1Lark's post above.   It says 25 Avantis are among the various prizes.

That was for the 1963 model year, not 1964.

It seems Studebaker decided to pull in the reigns a bit for '64!....Although the giveaway contest was structured similar to the '63 contest, the total new cars given away went down from 350 to 200.

(50 Cruisers, 70 Daytona Convertibles, 50 Daytona Wagonaires and, as stated before, 30 Avantis.)

This rather rare 'giveaway' ad was reprinted in the summer/fall 2003 issue (#123) of 'AVANTI MAGAZINE'.... (pg 42)