Battery Tray Pictures / Questions

SCPO-PD

Seeking some pictures / guidance for the installation of the Battery Tray Reinforcement that I purchased from Studebaker International.  Their site says that that the "Bracket bolts to radiator support & front sway bar bolt. Standard on later models."

I am just not seeing it on my 83....

The battery bracket sold by SI was not standard equipment for an Avanti as far as I ever saw.  It's an aftermarket base and bracket designed to support the battery rather than the fiberglass shelf of the inner fender.  It's possible the later Blake era cars received them...possible early Kelly vehicles.

The Battery Support bracket I took out of my '81 during its body removal was there to support the Fibreglass where the battery sat. It is likened to a piece of 1/8"  x 1" mild steel strap iron with a couple of bends in it which was fitted within the shims supporting the front end panels near the Radiator support. In my case it also sat atop the 5MPH bumper Buffers. I swear I had a photo clearly showing this but I'm having strife finding it.  In the meantime, I did find somebody else's photo online.... Is this what you're looking for?

1101647381_IMGP0208450x600.JPG.6d7010ba9726d9c97412a56e618d89ea.JPG

My 83 has the same setup as Zedman's above.  I do have a new piece to replace the original with but I also have two more items that are a major question......  I will add them to the "extra parts" pile.