Beware of scam!

Footer

Got an unsolicited email from some guy I don’t know. Looks like fake email addresses as they are different. Not sure how the guy got my email, but be aware if you get something like this.  Mike

avantii63@outlook.com <avantii63@outlook.com>
On Mar 6, 2024, at 12:33 PM, Don Haney <avanti63@juno.com> wrote:
I need to get an Apple iTunes Gift Card for a friend of mine who is diagnosed with stage 4 mesothelioma cancer, it's her birthday but I can't do this now because I’m currently traveling for a business meeting and I'm unavailable over the phone, I am only here with my iPad. I tried purchasing it online but unfortunately, I got no luck on that. Wondering if you could help me take care of this by getting the gift cards at the store. and I'll reimburse you once I get back home. Please let me know so I can provide you the amount needed.

Thanks.

Don Haney

Oh, It's not a Prince in Prison with multi $$mills trying to get You to post bail ... In return He would share His wealth?

Yeah, watch out for these things.

Really suspicious that I would get an email from someone with that email address. Especially that it changed. Mike

On 3/7/2024 at 9:52 AM, Footer said:
Got an unsolicited email from some guy I don’t know. Looks like fake email addresses as they are different. Not sure how the guy got my email, but be aware if you get something like this.  Mike

avantii63@outlook.com <avantii63@outlook.com>
On Mar 6, 2024, at 12:33 PM, Don Haney <avanti63@juno.com> wrote:
I need to get an Apple iTunes Gift Card for a friend of mine who is diagnosed with stage 4 mesothelioma cancer, it's her birthday but I can't do this now because I’m currently traveling for a business meeting and I'm unavailable over the phone, I am only here with my iPad. I tried purchasing it online but unfortunately, I got no luck on that. Wondering if you could help me take care of this by getting the gift cards at the store. and I'll reimburse you once I get back home. Please let me know so I can provide you the amount needed.

Thanks.

Don Haney

Don Haney is listed in the 2024/2025  Avanti Membership Roster and lives in Kent, WA and uses the juno.com e-mail address.

A number of times I've received emails from Bob Palma...who passed away over a year ago.  Apparently someone has hacked the SDC servers and those of the AOAI and is doing mischief with emails.

Looks like the real Mr. Haney lives in my neck of the woods, maybe I’ll see him at a show sometime. Thanks guys. Mike

There for a while I was getting e-mails from friends and family who never sent them. I immediately after reading them and knowing they would never say these things., I contacted em and told them their E-mail system was compromised.

I never responded to any of those e-mails. Most all of the garbage e-mails go to my Junk File. I review the titles and names sine once in a  while they are real and not spammers trying to sell me stuff. I then drag, drop the good ones into my inbox. It takes the good ones and puts them into a permanent status in the Inbox file. The rest are dumped and eliminated without reading them.

I'm getting 30-40 Junk E-s a day. I trash em all.

I guess if we have our emails in the registry book and some hairball gets his hands on one they could cause all kinds of shenanigans. Guess I could contact Don and let him know somebody hijacked him. Mike

It's all part of internet communications.

Sift thru the crap and avoid it... then the rest is gravy.