Avanti speedometer

A83

I need to disconnect this cable to get the speedometer gauge out.  Does it screw in or snap in and how do I remove it?  I believe only the light and cable need to be disconnected correct? 

Is there any special way it reconnects? I don't want to screw it up.

Thanks for any help.

A83

Once you get the clamp out from the back of the speedo, you can pull the unit forward and unhook the cable and power to the light bulb. Pretty dang easy...now threading the nuts back onto the clamp while laying on your back is the tough part of the job. Yes, removing the driver's seat and small hands are required. Plus lots of patience and no one within earshot of your loud expletives. 

i concur with Desert Driver. The knurled screw is easily accessed once you pull the gauge out.

I have never removed the seat but I am sure it would be easier on my back if I did

Thanks I got it out accessing the nuts without taking the seat out  - one nut is going to be impossible to get back in the other I did.

Thanks 

Question?????? Does the speedometer have an electrical sensor in addition to the cable ? 

17 hours ago, A83 said:

Thanks I got it out accessing the nuts without taking the seat out  - one nut is going to be impossible to get back in the other I did.

Thanks 

Question?????? Does the speedometer have an electrical sensor in addition to the cable ? 

The cable attaches to the transmission with a speedometer gear, there isn't any additional sensor.