1963 R2 Wheels

TerryR2

they look like old Appliance brand wheels....

What is the serial number on the frame plate. That would let you look up the production order and see how it was originally equipped, ie: color, interior, etc.

Thank you! It is all there... bought it from the son of the deceased owner. They are old Appliance Plating mags, I had forgotten about that brand. 

I have the build sheet as well as the original window sticker. It was Avanti Gold and Elk interior. My least favorite color!

1 hour ago, TerryR2 said:

Thank you! It is all there... bought it from the son of the deceased owner. They are old Appliance Plating mags, I had forgotten about that brand. 

I have the build sheet as well as the original window sticker. It was Avanti Gold and Elk interior. My least favorite color!

Agreed on the Gold/ Elk combo...Same as my '63...Which I changed to 'Avanti Turquoise' thirty years ago!!

11 hours ago, TerryR2 said:

I used to think the same thing on the color combination. However, the older I get the more I appreciate the gold/elk.

The Avanti Gold is a nice shade of gold - not gaudy and not weak.  It works well on an Avanti.  Perhaps that is why Studebaker's ad agency chose it for their brochure car.  I have always wondered, though, why the carpets on a gold/elk car were solid black, rather than salt & pepper like most of the other 1963 exterior/interior color combinations..  I like the salt & pepper carpets.

--Dwight

Fawn and black carpet is a speckled carpet with fawn and black threads.  Here is a picture from the sample book showing Fawn and black, Turquoise and Black, All black, and red and black.

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 12.17.34 AM.jpg