Bolts needed

RoyG

Almost ready to paint the body and related parts but I'd like to paint some of the bolts at the same time, and I'm missing some.  I got the car partially disassembled so some bolts were missing and other were replaced with incorrect style.  I need all eight hood hinge bolts (with square style washers), the six bolts (and washers) that bolt down the three brackets for the hood latch release assembly, and the door hinge to "A" pillar bolts for one pair of hinges (I have the other side).  Looking for the original style and haven't been able to find them new so hoping to find some from a parts car.

I checked my stash of hardware, but don't have any of those.  You might have better luck finding them with the part numbers.  The hood hinge bolts are 1905x18. The door hinge bolts are 1926x627 and 1926x628, The washers are 3142x3.  Did you try someone who carries Au-Ve-Co products?  COMPLETE AUVECO CATALOG

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information.  I just checked the McMaster site and they seem to only have standard hex head bolts.  I wrote to Auveco and gave them the part numbers, but couldn't open the catalog.  I'm sure any hardware store will have standard hex head bolts that will work, but I'm trying to find authentic looking boths (I knew CRAZY, right?).    The bolts in all three locations (four sizes) all have the center of the hex head recessed, and the samaller bolts (hood hinge and hood release brackets) have a semi square washer.  I've been told that no one makes bolts like this anymore (???) which is why I'm trying to find someone that parted out an Avanti and didn't throw them away.

The part numbers I provided above are Studebaker part numbers; they will work for SI and other Stude vendors, but nowhere else.  Automotive body fasteners are often used only for automotive applications, so will probably not be available in small quantities anywhere except from Auveco.  They do not sell retail, one must go through a dealer.  However, you can drill down on their catalog to ID their part numbers.  For example, here is their body bolt section.  Bolts (auveco.com)

Edited by Skip Lackie

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the information and suggestions.  I was away for two weeks but got back last night.  I'll start with the parts manual and ID the Studebaker part numbers for everything I need, than send a list to Studebaker International and cross my fingers.  I assume that the Larks and Hawks used some of the same bolts but will try to get a peek under the hood of onne at the next car show to confirm.