FUEL TANK SENDER INSTALLATION

Rick Allen

My '64 was completely disassembled when I bought it a few weeks ago including the fuel tank and sender.  After cleaning the tank and coating the inside, I'm ready to install the sender but I'm not sure how to position the float as to it pointing forward or backward in the tank?  The book shows the float pointing to the rear of the car toward the trunk but the way the tank is designed and the position of the sender hole opening, it seems that would put it too close to the back side of the tank.  Seems to me the float should be installed pointing toward the front of the car however I guess it could go to either the left or right side also?

IMG_20230429_173028564.jpg

50 minutes ago, Dwight FitzSimons said:

Aren't the screws staggered in such a way that the sender can be installed in only one position?

--Dwight

They could be, I didn't check that far, I'm waiting for new gasket to come in but that's a good thought, thanks,,,

• 4 weeks later...

I just replaced the sender in my ‘63 a few months ago.  Was ordered from SI and worked beautifully.  The bolt pattern is specific to an orientation.  Seems like the float was pointing toward the right side…

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 5:48 AM, 63R1388 said:

I just replaced the sender in my ‘63 a few months ago.  Was ordered from SI and worked beautifully.  The bolt pattern is specific to an orientation.  Seems like the float was pointing toward the right side…

I stink so two