1963 Avanti Battery Ground Cable?

Dunkin

The correct cables are available from Studebaker vendors. Endurance Built Products had them reproduced in the correct lengths. The attachment point is the oil filler block off plate at the front of the lifter valley. 

I know you can get them from the vendors and even some parts stores. I was looking at the block off plate, thought that was a strange place to ground it the battery.  Again, thank you this one has it running to the bellhousing on the left side.

Edited by Dunkin
more detail

On 7/20/2022 at 12:11 PM, brad said:

The attachment point is the oil filler block off plate at the front of the lifter valley. 

The 17 inch ground cable is attached to the water manifold bolt below the bolt that holds the bracket for the reservoir tank.

On 7/20/2022 at 11:28 AM, Dunkin said:

I know you can get them from the vendors and even some parts stores. I was looking at the block off plate, thought that was a strange place to ground it the battery.  Again, thank you this one has it running to the bellhousing on the left side.

On 7/21/2022 at 4:00 PM, regnalbob said:

The 17 inch ground cable is attached to the water manifold bolt below the bolt that holds the bracket for the reservoir tank.

Not according to the authenticity manual.

On 7/20/2022 at 12:11 PM, brad said:

The correct cables are available from Studebaker vendors. Endurance Built Products had them reproduced in the correct lengths. The attachment point is the oil filler block off plate at the front of the lifter valley. 

On 7/21/2022 at 5:00 PM, regnalbob said:

On 7/27/2022 at 11:48 PM, brad said:

Not according to the authenticity manual.

The battery cables on my Avanti are the factory installed originals.

The ground cable is 17 inches long.

The reproduction ground cable from Endurance Built Products is 17 inches long.

A 17 inch long cable will not reach the block off plate.

It's the positive cable that's 17" long. the correct ground cable that reaches the oil filler block off plate bolt is a longer cable. Endurance Built products makes BOTH cables. 

Edited by brad

On 7/29/2022 at 6:38 PM, regnalbob said:

The battery cables on my Avanti are the factory installed originals.

The ground cable is 17 inches long.

The reproduction ground cable from Endurance Built Products is 17 inches long.

A 17 inch long cable will not reach the block off plate.

21 hours ago, brad said:

It's the positive cable that's 17" long. the correct ground cable that reaches the oil filler block off plate bolt is a longer cable. Endurance Built products makes BOTH cables. 

A 17 inch long positive cable will not reach the starter solenoid.

You need to check the Endurance Built Product website for the correct length of the 2 positive cables available.