Avanti #8 Sale!

mfg

In 1965, the 'Avanti Red' #8 (Bonnevile) Studebaker Avanti (63R1014) was put up for sale for the sum of ....?..... dollars.

1) 1800.......2) 2500......3) 4000.....or.....4) 7000

Just now, pantera928 said:

Well, I only have 2 choices left and I figured it would have been bought cheaply and forgotten about

$4000

Sorry, $4000 is also not correct:(.....#8 was advertised for sale in 1965 with asking price of $7000!:o

19 minutes ago, pantera928 said:

Damn. THree strikes. Do we know what happened to the car later? Does it still exist?

Yes, it's been beautifully restored to its Bonneville configuration by its current owner....probably better than new!:)

1 hour ago, Dwight FitzSimons said:

I saw that car (or one purported to be it) in the car corral at Carlisle, PA maybe 15 or so years ago.  It was well restored and was possibly for sale.  The price I remember is ~$75k.

--Dwight

Wow!....What could it be worth today??:o

The #8 car had sat in a shop a few miles from me for some years waiting to be rebuilt.  Without going into it there was a “disagreement” between the shop owner doing the work on it and the owner.  Eventually the owner wanted to sell it.  I put Gary Woods and the owner together and the sale was made.  It had a genuine R3 engine that had been rebuilt but it was not the R3 it had at Bonneville.  The car unfortunately had a less than pampered life…the original engine was replaced by an R2…a fire which damaged the car…lots of less than desirable things occurred.  It’s now been rebuilt and probably as close to its Bonneville appearance as can be.

22 hours ago, Gunslinger said:

The #8 car had sat in a shop a few miles from me for some years waiting to be rebuilt.  Without going into it there was a “disagreement” between the shop owner doing the work on it and the owner.  Eventually the owner wanted to sell it.  I put Gary Woods and the owner together and the sale was made.  It had a genuine R3 engine that had been rebuilt but it was not the R3 it had at Bonneville.  The car unfortunately had a less than pampered life…the original engine was replaced by an R2…a fire which damaged the car…lots of less than desirable things occurred.  It’s now been rebuilt and probably as close to its Bonneville appearance as can be.

Was Ray Cash the owner at that time?:huh: