Avanti Recall!

mfg

5 hours ago, pantera928 said:

Brake rotors?

Suspension arms

Suspension arms .....No:(        Brake rotors....No, but you're getting AWFULLY close!!:o

Now, we know it's not wheels, and we know it's not brake rotors....So it must be the............?:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, pantera928 said:

Wheel lugs or lug nuts?

King pins

ANOTHER HINT!.........Avanti front brakes were changed from Bendix/ Dunlop to GM style in '84!!;)

Just now, pantera928 said:

And you already said it was not the calipers, discs, spindles, suspension arms.

Brake pads? no way. 

Mounting bolts for the calipers?

No, none of those:(..........I feel bad.......you seem so determined to get this....and if you got any closer to the correct answer the heat would burn you!!

Let me know if you're ready to throw in the towel.:)

46 minutes ago, pantera928 said:

It's been 21 hours. I guess I bored you with my guesses🤣

No, not at all...my mother in law passed away a few days ago and we're preparing for funeral tomorrow.

Anyway, Caliper mounting brackets & wheel bearings are not it. :(

What did you mean by "spacers"?

44 minutes ago, mfg said:

No, not at all...my mother in law passed away a few days ago and we're preparing for funeral tomorrow.

Anyway, Caliper mounting brackets & wheel bearings are not it. :(

What did you mean by "spacers"?

So sorry to hear that. Mine is convalescing after tumor surgery at my house.

Maybe spring spacers Bearing spacers. Running out of parts on the front suspension and brakes

4 hours ago, pantera928 said:

So sorry to hear that. Mine is convalescing after tumor surgery at my house.

Maybe spring spacers Bearing spacers. Running out of parts on the front suspension and brakes

Thank you....Best wishes for yours......Sorry no, not those kinds of spacers:(

1 hour ago, brad said:

Wheel lug adapters/ spacers.

And Brad is CORRECT! (SURPRISE!!):D

Avanti Motors went to a GM style front brake in '84...which worked well, but the lug pattern was wrong, so wheel adapters, (which i suppose could also be called spacers), were required.........

The early adapters were made of aluminum and soon developed dangerous cracks resulting in front wheels loosening up....To cure this, Avantis with aluminum wheel adapters were recalled and steel adapters were substituted.....(my '85 has the steel wheel adapters....they are bulletproof!):)

7 hours ago, mfg said:

And Brad is CORRECT! (SURPRISE!!):D

Avanti Motors went to a GM style front brake in '84...which worked well, but the lug pattern was wrong, so wheel adapters, (which i suppose could also be called spacers), were required.........

The early adapters were made of aluminum and soon developed dangerous cracks resulting in front wheels loosening up....To cure this, Avantis with aluminum wheel adapters were recalled and steel adapters were substituted.....(my '85 has the steel wheel adapters....they are bulletproof!):)

Well, I hope they all got changed and no one is running around out there with the aluminum ones.