Avanti Window!

mfg

2 hours ago, mfg said:

Why is the vent window design Studebaker used on the 1964 Gran Turismo Hawk superior to the design of the same item on a 1964 Avanti?

Because the Hawk has flat glass and the Avanti has curved glass.

11 hours ago, studegary said:

Because the Hawk has flat glass and the Avanti has curved glass.

No, I don't believe flat vs curved is indicative of a superior design:(

Other thoughts?:huh:

I dont know the answer, but it seems that the windshield and vent windows on the Hawk and Avanti are strikingly similar. I know with late Studebaker cost cutting so are they one in the same?

Avanti has Lark frame, Hawk windows, what else does it borrow from other Studes?

26 minutes ago, jtheteacher said:

I dont know the answer, but it seems that the windshield and vent windows on the Hawk and Avanti are strikingly similar. I know with late Studebaker cost cutting so are they one in the same?

Avanti has Lark frame, Hawk windows, what else does it borrow from other Studes?

See answer to 8E45E below.

8 hours ago, 8E45E said:

The Hawk vent window has a further degree of swing room, allowing it to open further.

Craig

That's it exactly!:),.... assuming a vehicle isn't air conditioned, and many Studes aren't...the Hawk vent windows will pivot to something like 160', giving a nice shot of refreshing "Texas Air Conditioning"...whereas the Avanti window pivots out 60' at best...not nearly as useful. (In my humble opinion!)

14 hours ago, jtheteacher said:

All the window glass is unique to the Avanti, considering the Avanti was the first (and only) postwar Studebaker to have curved side glass.  Only Chrysler and Ford had cars in production with curved side glass when the Avanti was introduced.

Craig