Avanti Wire!

mfg

Well folks;....The original factory wires were black with reddish boots (Red at the plug end only).....Also, the plug ends were bent at 45' for supression shield clearance. Rare birds nowadays!

Brad, and other Avanti Forum members............The factory correct spark plug wires used on Studebaker Avantis (R1 and R2 engines ONLY) Specs:...Black 'PACKARD' cable, black distributor boots, white lettering, (and the white lettering reads:"PACKARD RADIO TRVS 63", Also......A very short reddish-orange boot with a 45' bend to it.....specifically manufactured to fit inside the Avanti's ignition shielding.......................And That's The Rest Of The Story!!!!

I have seen the Maroon original Prestolite Radio Suppression wires on an original car more than once. Perhaps we can get the engineering papers from Andy Beckman.

Studebaker had different vendors for a given part in a number of situations. This happens to be one of those. Both black and maroon wires were used and there have been cases where it occurred on the same engine.

Interesting!...I'd have to agree with above comments....On my first Stude Avanti though, (63R-3623) it had original Packard cable (as described) I was the car's second owner, and I knew the original owner who never changed ANYTHING!!

By the way the Packard cables are available with a modern spiral magnetic core. Available from Summit. No Prestolite ones are available however :(