Sign in to follow this  
mfg

Relieved Avanti!

During the Cross Country Sears-Studebaker record runs, exactly WHERE DID the relieved drivers take breaks and get some shut-eye?

1) Stude Champ Pick-Up truck outfitted with bed.......2) Another Studebaker Avanti.......3) Lark Daytona Wagon......or......4) Various News Channels Chase Vehicles

Edited by mfg

No thoughts on this trivia question?:huh:

59 minutes ago, mfg said:

No thoughts on this trivia question?:huh:

It has been a half of a Century since I spoke with the drivers and I am pretty sure that this subject did not come up.  Since they were young and in good condition, I would have thought that they took turns driving and the relieved driver just stayed in the car and perhaps caught a "cat nap".    

4 hours ago, studegary said:

It has been a half of a Century since I spoke with the drivers and I am pretty sure that this subject did not come up.  Since they were young and in good condition, I would have thought that they took turns driving and the relieved driver just stayed in the car and perhaps caught a "cat nap".    

Nope:(, although they probably did take short naps in the Cross Country Avanti , to get some real rest they availed themselves of one of the above!

Any other thoughts here?