Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mfg

Avanti Display!

Recommended Posts

 Avanti Motor Corporation and the Molded Fiberglass Company jointly displayed a new 1967 Avanti ll as part of the festivities surrounding the.............?...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The twentieth anniversary of the forming of what was to become Molded Fiber Glass company?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, r1lark said:

The twentieth anniversary of the forming of what was to become Molded Fiber Glass company?

Great answer, but unfortunately not the correct one.:(

Anyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, studegary said:

I will take WA stab and say, SuperBowl. 

Good thought , however no, that isn't it!:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mfg said:

HINT!.......A famous race!:o

Indy 500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, studegary said:

Indy 500

Incorrect!:(

Anyone else have any thoughts on this one?:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 1963r2 said:

The release of the new car and there partnership.

Nope, that's not it!:(...............

ANSWER...The February, 1967 DAYTONA 500!:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, how I wish it could have been a 'special' for Canada's Centennial celebrations that where held at Expo'67 in Montreal! 

(Of course, your answer is correct, as Avanti did almost zero marketing in Canada in 1967.)

According to Stu Chapman, had Studebaker still been manufacturing cars in Hamilton a year later, they would have had a display in Montreal at the 'Autostade', along with the (once) Big Three, AMC and Volvo, which later became a football stadium once the Expo festivities were over.  And Alfa Romeo did have their 'Montreal' show car concept in the Italian Pavilion.

Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Oh, how I wish it could have been a 'special' for Canada's Centennial celebrations that where held at Expo'67 in Montreal! 

(Of course, your answer is correct, as Avanti did almost zero marketing in Canada in 1967.)

According to Stu Chapman, had Studebaker still been manufacturing cars in Hamilton a year later, they would have had a display in Montreal at the 'Autostade', along with the (once) Big Three, AMC and Volvo, which later became a football stadium once the Expo festivities were over.  And Alfa Romeo did have their 'Montreal' show car concept in the Italian Pavilion.

Craig

That brings back memories of working on a Montreal.  It was a nice looking car (at least for its time).  I am guessing that it was a black market car, because I do not think that they had normal sales in the USA.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, studegary said:

That brings back memories of working on a Montreal.  It was a nice looking car (at least for its time).  I am guessing that it was a black market car, because I do not think that they had normal sales in the USA.  

No, it was the actual 'show car' that was commissioned by Bertone, specially for the event (hence its name) upon which all the production models were based.  I believe it wasn't until 1970 when they became available for sale to the public.  But that is correct, no Alfa Romeo Montreals were ever sold in North America.

Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth ......The 1967 Avanti ll which was displayed at the Daytona Speedway prior to the '67 '500' was painted white with white Stude mudguards installed onto the front fenders!

Also, it was registered , with '67 Ohio license plates....."SV 962".:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mfg said:

For what it's worth ......The 1967 Avanti ll which was displayed at the Daytona Speedway prior to the '67 '500' was painted white with white Stude mudguards installed onto the front fenders!

Also, it was registered , with '67 Ohio license plates....."SV 962".:)

Probably plates of MFG or the company's owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...