1966 Avanti ll's!

mfg

Two items that were standard equipment on 1966 Avanti ll's which were not available on Studebaker Avantis are.......?........ and.......?.......

2 hours ago, mfg said:

Two items that were standard equipment on 1966 Avanti ll's which were not available on Studebaker Avantis are.......?........ and.......?.......

327 cid V8 and trim pieces with the "S" blacked out and a "II" after "Avanti" and painted any exterior color that you wanted (for a cost) (just to give you four instead of two).

327 V8 (as Gary noted above); Hand Craft Tool Pouch & Kit; Interior Decorator Fabrics; maybe the "Sun Band" windshield front & rear if these were different from just the normal 'tinted' glass.

20 hours ago, studegary said:

327 cid V8 and trim pieces with the "S" blacked out and a "II" after "Avanti" and painted any exterior color that you wanted (for a cost) (just to give you four instead of two).

Sorry Gary, none of your four examples answer this trivia question.:(

10 hours ago, r1lark said:

327 V8 (as Gary noted above); Hand Craft Tool Pouch & Kit; Interior Decorator Fabrics; maybe the "Sun Band" windshield front & rear if these were different from just the normal 'tinted' glass.

Yes!!...one of the items that wasn't standard on Studebaker Avantis but WAS standard on 1966 Avanti ll's is the tool pouch & kit! :)

Sorry, your other examples do not 'work' for this trivia question.:(

Any other thoughts on this?

15 hours ago, mfg said:

Yes!!...one of the items that wasn't standard on Studebaker Avantis but WAS standard on 1966 Avanti ll's is the tool pouch & kit! :)

Sorry, your other examples do not 'work' for this trivia question.:(

Any other thoughts on this?

Now Ed, don't change the rules on us in midstream!  Your original post said "........standard equipment on 1966 Avanti ll's which were not available on Studebaker Avantis."  Now you are saying "........items that wasn't standard on Studebaker Avantis.....".

I'm channeling my studegary now...........is it items not available on the Studebaker Avantis, or items that were not standard on Studebaker Avantis? There is a big difference between the two!

If it's items not standard on the Studebaker Avantis, then I think we can add tilt steering wheel,  4-way flashers, and probably several others like air conditioning.

Edited by r1lark
addded missing word: "like"

Whoops!...sorry Paul...I guess I'm posting/answering too many of these trivia questions at once!

Yes ...I definitely meant NOT AVAILABLE ON STUDEBAKER AVANTIS.... (per original question)

And,..Good news!...You got the SECOND answer too!!....In addition to the tool pouch, FOUR WAY FLASHERS were also standard on '66 Avanti ll's, and not available on Stude Avantis....WELL DONE!

2 hours ago, mfg said:

Sorry Gary, none of your four examples answer this trivia question.:(

I guess that you will have to explain to me how my answers do not fit the letter of your initial question.

18 minutes ago, studegary said:

I guess that you will have to explain to me how my answers do not fit the letter of your initial question.

Your answers would have been correct if Studebaker did not offer a 'standard' engine (think R1) or 'standard' trim pieces, (think chrome bezel with the 'S') on its Avanti.

As far as exterior colors go, (for 1966 Avanti ll's) ..... there weren't any 'standard' colors!

Methinks you need to read the trivia questions more carefully Gary!! :o

9 minutes ago, mfg said:

Your answers would have been correct if Studebaker did not offer a 'standard' engine (think R1) or 'standard' trim pieces, (think chrome bezel with the 'S') on its Avanti.

As far as exterior colors go, (for 1966 Avanti ll's) ..... there weren't any 'standard' colors!

Methinks you need to read the trivia questions more carefully Gary!! :o

I did read the question carefully.  You probably see a meaning in your statement that the words do not convey.  For example, it is true that both offered V8 engines, but Studebaker did not offer a 327 cid engines. 

37 minutes ago, studegary said:

I did read the question carefully.  You probably see a meaning in your statement that the words do not convey.  For example, it is true that both offered V8 engines, but Studebaker did not offer a 327 cid engines. 

NOW we're on the same page Gary!!....A 'standard' engine was indeed offered by both companies....My question asked for two items that were standard equipment on a 1966 Avanti ll but unavailable on its predecessor, the Studebaker Avanti.....Easy Peasy!:)

7 hours ago, arkus said:

my '66, built 11/65, rqa0050 with 59k original miles has no evidence of 4 way flashers.

The explanation may be that your very early Avanti ll was built before the federal mandate on 4-ways made it official.....Or possibly your car's first owner ordered the car without them.

I suppose 'anything goes' when it comes to a hand built automobile!!:o

10 hours ago, arkus said:

my '66, built 11/65, rqa0050 with 59k original miles has no evidence of 4 way flashers.

The records that I have consider your Avanti (50) to be a 1965.  Remember that at that time, Avantis used the year of manufacture as the vehicle year, not the earlier model year break that is more recently used and previously used by Studebaker.   Your Avanti was probably first sold in 1966 and registered/titled as a 1966 at that time or sometime later.

Four way flashers were mandated for 1966 vehicles sold in the USA.