FOR SALE: 1964 Avanti R2 with four speed. $8,500.

Jolly-John

This is NOT my car, and I am NOT the guy helping the family sell this 1964 AVANTI, with four speed. I simply saw this ad and photos on the AACA forum, and thought it would be helpful to share it here. This is the link to that posting:

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/305739-...i-r2-for-sale/

NOTE: Unless you join the AACA forum, there's no way to contact the person who posted the ad for the family of the deceased owner. However, I've asked him to give me his email address. If you look at the ad on the AACA forum and want to get in touch with this person helping the family with the Avanti sale, PM me here. I'll give you his email address. As you can hopefully understand, I don't feel it's appropriate for me to openly post that email address in this public forum. Good luck to anyone interested. John

Edited by Jolly-John

If someone could order a 'dream' Studebaker Avanti, I would think that this car would be very close to being that 'dream' model!!

Avanti people will certainly understand why!

And dig that RADIO DELETE plate!...When is the last time we've seen one of those?

This Avanti is a GREAT deal for the right person! :)

13 minutes ago, mfg said:

If someone could order a 'dream' Studebaker Avanti, I would think that this car would be very close to being that 'dream' model!!

Avanti people will certainly understand why!

And dig that RADIO DELETE plate!...When is the last time we've seen one of those?

This Avanti is a GREAT deal for the right person! :)

I thought that a radio was an option.  If my memory is correct on that account, there would be no "radio delete" panel.  There would be the standard panel in the area where an optional radio would be placed.  Radios could not be deleted, but they could be added as an option.  

8 minutes ago, studegary said:

I thought that a radio was an option.  If my memory is correct on that account, there would be no "radio delete" panel.  There would be the standard panel in the area where an optional radio would be placed.  Radios could not be deleted, but they could be added as an option.  

You say tomatoes....... I say tamatoes....You say potatoes.......I say patatoes!!!! :D

Well, that didn't take long. I have just been informed that this '64 Avanti R2 HAS DEFINITELY BEEN SOLD....and FOR MORE THAN THE $8,500 PRICE the estate was asking. The family had engaged an appraiser to set values on a number of collector cars in the estate. These were the prices stated in the AACA website ads for the various cars. To me, some of those prices seemed high, or in the case of this '64 R2 with four-speed, low.

This is really a good outcome. Now, this special (combination of color, engine, and transmission) Avanti will eventually be back on the road, and enjoyed by new owners and other people for many years to come. John

A radio was an option on the Avanti. So, it would be a block off plate or filler. Please note it also does not have a antenna. Black with turquoise, very unusual car. It is two numbers before my car.( R5049 vs R5051) Probably sitting on the same line , same day. Very cool to me.

Bob Caser

64R5049x26102017n.jpg