Avanti Chrome?

mfg

Besides the Studebaker Avanti, and Stude Hawks and Larks with "R" engines, what other postwar Studebaker model could be had with factory chromed rocker covers on its engine?

Edited by mfg

The two Avanti-powered Champ trucks that were built by the factory.

Edit: Also, seems like I've read that some or all of the 230 six cylinder engines in the 1966 Larks had chrome valve covers, but a quick check couldn't find any documentation of this. Is this something I'm imagining? :unsure:

Edited by r1lark

I remember seeing a non-R engined 1964 Daytona 289cid 4-spd with chrome valve covers. I believe there was a chrome option package that could be ordered for any '64 V8 car or truck.

I believe there was a chrome option package for the Stude V8 Norm,....but I had a specific model in mind.

Edited by mfg

The two Avanti-powered Champ trucks that were built by the factory.

Edit: Also, seems like I've read that some or all of the 230 six cylinder engines in the 1966 Larks had chrome valve covers, but a quick check couldn't find any documentation of this. Is this something I'm imagining? :unsure:

Good one r1lark!!..You're definitely correct.....but I had another vehicle in mind. Anyone else?