Helene's effect has cut into my driving time.

aardvark

Helene wiped out our area. It's cutting into my "Drive Time". The roads are trashed and the only way to get around is in my Hummer H2.

In fact the Whole 270 mile wide stretch of Western N.C. went under a 30 foot river rise, wiping everything in it's path.  When 30 ft of water rushes down a Mountainside at 40ish mph. all hell breaks lose.  I'm not trying to belittle the other States effected but in my humble opinion, our area is hit the worst .

So currently both of My Avanti's are off the road, and probably will be mothballed for the Winter.

I ask You to give to Samaritans Purse, who is the ONLY Org helping here. The Feds are non existent. FEMA is sitting in a School with NOTHING Going on.  Useless as Tits on a Boar Hog. So I ask for Your Prayers if You are of Christian Ilk.

We've been 8 days with only Local Contractors and their Machinery in action.. (Very Sad) My Personal Residence was basically untouched  since we are sitting up on a mounded area. We had some small issues but not worth the discussion. It's the land below by the Rivers that went down stream at a rapid rate. I had to Rock Crawl my H2 out 3 days later. It took the 3 days to just get a path down to the Main Road (which is also compromised).  Gasoline is nearly unavailable, food is sparse, I just today got communications back. a few hours ago.

DSC_0012 (1).jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0003 (5).jpg

What a mess! Glad yo mention a trust worthy site to donate, Samaritans Purse. You don’t know who to trust anymore. And yes, I heard the FEMA PURSE is depleted by others that I assume it’s not legal to mention here so you won’t be getting help from them. What a shame.

Nelson... Yes Sam Purse is a good source, but they are a drop in the bucket for what's needing done here.

Last time this happened was 3 years back. Funny part is this area should be impervious to this kind of weather. Point being, they didn't have all of the clean up done after 3 years from the last one and then we get hit again.

I ask You to give to Samaritans Purse,  You ask and I just did. Looks from so many videos that Samaritans Purse is there helping with all their might. Money is what they can use and will spend it a lot better than our government folks will. Thanks for your endorsment. 

Glad you're safe. My wife's aunt and her relatives live near Franklin NC. The center of the storm went over them. They're safe. Their electricity was restored a few days ago, but their roads are still a mess.

We have property in north Georgia my wife inherited. We had some relatives look in on it, and fortunately there was no damage.

Edited by Mark L

Stacy...Many Charity Org's don't use their Donations to their full ability and run too high in Admin Costs. I'm big on checking into their records to see what % of the $dollar goes out and on the ground.  Sam Purse is run by Billy Graham's Org, now run by His Son Franklin Graham, run here out of N.C.. Many local Church and other Local Orgs seem to also do good.

Mark L....Yeah, were good.  Glad You and Yours are also well,..What was not mentioned is the Hi Winds recorded on the Mountaintops. Speeds of 80-100+ mph .  We didn't see those speeds since we are at 3500 ft elec... the mountain tops here are around 6000 ft.

MFG ... Yes HE Does.