heater box removal

Anybody?????

so, i finally an getting around to removing the heater box. I have removed the hoses, removed the 4 bolts holding the motor and removed the one at the kick panel and even the heater valve but i cannot get it out. It seems looser but not enough to remove it.

What am i missing?

1 hour ago, pantera928 said:

So, nobody can help on this??

I’ve changed out heater cores on three (?) Avantis, but not lately!

Cannot think of anything you’ve missed… but do you have an Avanti workshop manual which you can refer to?

The right side of the core sticks into a hole in the right of the car under the A-pilar. The left side of the core sticks into the cardboard duct (number 22 in the exploded view). Because the left and right side of the core stick into a hole, there is no way getting it out. So, you will have to remove one more screw holding the cardboard duct. I believe this screw is on the left side of the cardboard duct (under the steering wheel).

44 minutes ago, Kodjo said:

The right side of the core sticks into a hole in the right of the car under the A-pilar. The left side of the core sticks into the cardboard duct (number 22 in the exploded view). Because the left and right side of the core stick into a hole, there is no way getting it out. So, you will have to remove one more screw holding the cardboard duct. I believe this screw is on the left side of the cardboard duct (under the steering wheel).

That is what I have found also. I did not know about that other screw. I will search for it tomorrow weather permitting.

All this to deal with a squeaky fan motor but at least i wont need it until Autumn.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...