Paxton Swap!

mfg

On a ‘63 Avanti powered Lark R2, a McCulloch VS supercharger taken from a ‘58 Packard Hawk would be a simple ‘bolt on’ replacement for a damaged Paxton SN supercharger (after clocking scroll housing)……True?

False, because the VS at least requires a kickdown switch and wiring to be adapted that the Lark didn't use.

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

Also the pulley is displaced further from the Main body than the Paxton so the belts wouldn’t line up..

Although it appears that way, the supercharger pullies on both the ‘VS’ and the ‘SN’  units both run in the same plane.

5 hours ago, r1lark said:

False, because the VS at least requires a kickdown switch and wiring to be adapted that the Lark didn't use.

Would disagree here with “ false”…. The two units directly interchange… the installation of a  kickdown switch for the Lark is a good, but not mandatory, idea!

9 hours ago, Nelson said:

Interesting. Might be fun to try one on a Lark. Kick down would be an easy install but I guess you would need to plug the pressure limiting or over rev control hole.

I run the McCulloch setup on my ‘55 President Speedster without the kickdown connected…. I down shift to second overdrive when I need more ZIP!!!

I have the McCulloch set up (Pulleys and bracket) with an SN Paxton on a 59 lark.  

3 hours ago, A0136 said:

I have the McCulloch set up (Pulleys and bracket) with an SN Paxton on a 59 lark.  

Nice!