Part identification- Bracket for ??

Zedman

Hi All- Despite vigilantly photographing everything I do to during my 1981 Avanti's strip- down, the location and purpose of this Bracket eludes me completely. I don't remember removing it and despite checking my photos I can't see it anywhere. I believe that it is something off the engine/transmission. Can somebody let me know where it goes (politely ! 😁)?    In the army they used to say "If it moves, salute it, if it does't- paint it.... so I did.IMG_0384.thumb.JPG.e6896540e91fb866a8dd9f4619a6ff89.JPG

Edited by Zedman

I wonder if that is the trunk popper motor bracket?

Edited by 1inxs
Correct spelling

On 6/1/2023 at 3:38 AM, 1inxs said:

I wonder if that is the trunk popper motor bracket?

No.  I have not removed that.

4 hours ago, brad said:

Maybe under battery reinforcement?

Thanks Brad, but not there either. I have a clear photo of the Battery Reinforcing bar. It was rather rusty, having had some exposure to salt spray. I found it already unbolted and left lying with the motor and transmission out of the body. Beats me 'cause I've been pretty vigilant on this job 😕

I have finally figured out what it is !... Brad Bez's reply sent me looking at my photo records again.  The bracket is on the other side of the Frame to the Battery. The upturned edge was the kicker.  It is the support for the base of the Charcoal Canister. Only goes to show. you can't take enough photos on big jobs.

The part is bagged, identified and catalogued for reassembly. Thanks for looking, all.1421590523_2.saturday26sep15afterbufferremovalshowingbottomofradiatorsupportandCanisterbracket.thumb.jpg.7ae800daf93069cf806f7cc951e97bb0.jpg

Edited by Zedman