Avanti Shoes!

mfg

Rear brake shoe adjustment procedures, for a Studebaker Avanti, is similar to brake shoe adjustment procedures last used on Studebaker passenger cars in .....?......

1) 1949.....2) 1951.....3) 1953......or......4) 1955

3 hours ago, mfg said:

1953 is CORRECT!🙂

(PAUL, you own a 4 speed '64 Daytona....would you mind taking a measurement on your car for me?)

Ed, I tried to send you a message thru this forum, but it said you cannot receive messages. What do you need measured?

25 minutes ago, r1lark said:

Ed, I tried to send you a message thru this forum, but it said you cannot receive messages. What do you need measured?

OK thanks Paul ....Am helping installing 4 speed into '59 Lark...crossmember under clutch housing not drilled for center mount rear engine support....(using '62 clutch housing)

Might be tough to measure..but I need exact location of the two holes in center of crossmember that rear engine mount studs drop through.

I know this probably means getting under car...I was hoping your engine/ trans was still out of car?

Bad time of year to get under car..if you can't help...that's fine...thank you, Ed C

20 hours ago, mfg said:

OK thanks Paul ....Am helping installing 4 speed into '59 Lark...crossmember under clutch housing not drilled for center mount rear engine support....(using '62 clutch housing)

Might be tough to measure..but I need exact location of the two holes in center of crossmember that rear engine mount studs drop through.

I know this probably means getting under car...I was hoping your engine/ trans was still out of car?

Bad time of year to get under car..if you can't help...that's fine...thank you, Ed C

Ed, please email me at r1lark at aol dot com so we can take this discussion off this thread.

2 hours ago, r1lark said:

Ed, please email me at r1lark at aol dot com so we can take this discussion off this thread.

Will do.....(the only other way I can figure to do this is to drop the engine, with clutch housing attached, into the car, and then mark where the studs contact the crossmember, then remove the  engine... to drill holes from the top.)

Measure one  on the Avanti. They used the same crossmember, they just cut off the ends.  The holes should be there.

23 minutes ago, brad said:

Measure one  on the Avanti. They used the same crossmember, they just cut off the ends.  The holes should be there.

Yes.....

My '63 is in dead storage for winter, and next to impossible to get under...but I do have a '73 parts car out back that I kind of forgot about...I'll bet that car has those same holes?

(good thought Brad)