Avanti Quote!

mfg

I have a question about another quote. Who is credited with coining the phrase "there is nothing more expensive than a cheap Avanti"? That phrase gets a lot of mileage.

No idea who coined that phrase...It is catchy, and can be somewhat true depending on the situation. I'd guess it was originated by an SDC Forum member......They 'invented' CASO too!

Thanks Gunny. I know I've seen his name associated with the phrase many times when he was marketing some of his finds in the forum. As to the phrase, I'm sure many of us have found out the hard way the correctness of the statement.

But it's not true. I costs as much or more to restore nearly any vehicle you can name. I've seen Shelbys well into the six figures on restoration costs, and Corvettes too for that matter

I think the statement wasn't necessarily directed toward restoration as much as it was meant for getting an Avanti at a cheap price and dumping all kinds of money into it to keep it on the road. I consider restoration a completely different animal where you know everything will cost $$$$ to bring it back to like new.