Avanti Fiberglass?

mfg

I had thought something called royalite was used for the earlier Hawk dashes. Was that an early version of fiberglass?

brad got three of them! (Can't consider the PH because that model is technically a Packard)...and grobb284 got the fiberglass Stude truck grill that I was thinking of.....Well done!!

I had thought something called royalite was used for the earlier Hawk dashes. Was that an early version of fiberglass?

I believe that the 1955 President Speedster's dash is made of 'Royalite'......but the later ('56-'64) Hawk dashes were made of fiberglass.

Exactly what was the composition of Royalite? Was it a type or earlier form of fiberglass?

The Packardbakers were made in South Bend by Studebaker weren't they? I think you're splitting hairs over the Packard fiberglass front end.

Exactly what was the composition of Royalite? Was it a type or earlier form of fiberglass?

The Packardbakers were made in South Bend by Studebaker weren't they? I think you're splitting hairs over the Packard fiberglass front end.

I own a Speedster, and 'Royalite' appears to be a hard plastic-like material...with a 'grained' finish.

Also, I agree with you that '57-'58 'Packards' are fancy Studebakers.....But you may be surprised how many owners of these cars would disagree with both of us!...Real 'sore subject' with some folks!