Avanti Tires

psdenno

According to sales brochures...

6.70-15 Standard

6.70-15 Nylon 500

6.70-15 Nylon 500 blackwall

In the Avanti accessories pamphlet that came with the owners manual, Dunlop tires were also listed as an upgrade accessory.

The 64 I bought in April 66 had Dunlop tires on it, which replaced about a year later with Firestone 500's. I seem to remember that a lot of the Firestone 500's were on the 63's and 64's.

I would think that while Studebaker, like other car makers, would have one primary tire supplier for maximum unit cost savings, the name of that tire supplier was ..."Low Bid"!

Actually...I believe Firestone was Studebaker's main supplier...I think Ford had a long standing relationship with Firestone as well as a primary supplier but would use others as suppliers and availability dictated. I believe Goodyear was popular for GM standard tires.

Uniroyal (then US Royal), was also used as was BFG.

According to sales brochures...

6.70-15 Standard

6.70-15 Nylon 500

6.70-15 Nylon 500 blackwall

In the Avanti accessories pamphlet that came with the owners manual, Dunlop tires were also listed as an upgrade accessory.

Partially correct. Two out of three ain't bad if by "6.70-15 Nylon 500" you mean 6.70-15 Nylon WHITEWALL. Still looking for the 3rd optional tire choice as indicated in literature provided to dealers.