Aero Avanti!

mfg

Anyone out there remember that photo?....R.L. looked daper (as usual!)

If no one comes back on this I'll post answer in about two weeks, per dapy's request for a time delay!

I don't see any reason to post after every question you'll provide an answer in two weeks "per dapy's request for a time delay" or words to the effect. That comes across as a bit snarky and unnecessary. Just sayin'.

I don't see any reason to post after every question you'll provide an answer in two weeks "per dapy's request for a time delay" or words to the effect. That comes across as a bit snarky and unnecessary. Just sayin'.

Kind of thinking you 'Jumped The Gun' again GUNslinger!...I spread that message across half a dozen posts as I had no way of knowing who reads what. No intention of continuing to post that 'blurb'....Just trying to appease the fellow!

Snarky...I like that.

My guess would be a Constellation. That was the flashiest commercial airplane of the era. If a private aircraft maybe a Beechcraft Staggerwing. (Came close to buying one few years ago.) If a vintage war plane the Spitfire. BTW I met RL in SB.

Edited by dapy

Snarky...I like that.

My guess would be a Constellation. That was the flashiest commercial airplane of the era. If a private aircraft maybe a Beechcraft Staggerwing. (Came close to buying one few years ago.) If a vintage war plane the Spitfire. BTW I met RL in SB.

Nope, none of the above!

Loewy was standing beside his silver Avanti, a 1972 model, with both in front of an Air France Concorde jet. The photo is on the front side of the "Looking Back to the Future" DVD that the AOAI is selling through Avanti Magazine and the AOAI website.

RL_CD-ad.jpg

post-2-0-22516900-1422071329_thumb.jpg

Loewy was standing beside his silver Avanti, a 1972 model, with both in front of an Air France Concorde jet. The photo is on the front side of the "Looking Back to the Future" DVD that the AOAI is selling through Avanti Magazine and the AOAI website.

RL_CD-ad.jpg

When I checked the web site, it says the "Looking Back ToThe Future" DVD is NOT available. Status?

Dennis

When I checked the web site, it says the "Looking Back ToThe Future" DVD is NOT available. Status?

Dennis

Sorry Dennis. We got a new supply of DVDs in stock and I updated the website to make the item for sale.