Giveaway Avantis!

mfg

In late 1963, Studebaker began a promotional sweepstakes with the intention of giving away 200 new Studebakers as prizes. Of the 200 vehicles, how many were Avantis?........

1) None........2) 30........3) 50.......or....4) 75

It was the $1,000,000.00 Studebaker 350 car Drive of the Future Giveaway, Oct. 20th to Dec.15th, 1963.

25 Avantis

50 Gran Turismo Hawks

75 Daytona Hardtops

100 Cruisers

100 Wagonaires

Regnalbob...It sounds like you've nailed it!.....But I'm viewing a completely different contest for the '64 models which offered....Cruisers, Daytona Wagonaires, Daytona Convertibles, and Avantis in quantities completely different from what you came up with....and a total of 200 giveaway cars......Can anyone else help us out here???

Incredible amount of 1963 money (over $7.7 million in today's value) to be spent by Studebaker to promote their line for a company that knew they were going to pull the plug on auto production. Desperate times...

Incredible amount of 1963 money (over $7.7 million in today's value) to be spent by Studebaker to promote their line for a company that knew they were going to pull the plug on auto production. Desperate times...

True!....Apparently, the idea was the contest entrant HAD to take a new Studebaker out for a road test in order to make his entry valid. Hopefully, the entrant would actually be sold on the car and buy it.

Regnalbob...It sounds like you've nailed it!.....But I'm viewing a completely different contest for the '64 models which offered....Cruisers, Daytona Wagonaires, Daytona Convertibles, and Avantis in quantities completely different from what you came up with....and a total of 200 giveaway cars......Can anyone else help us out here???

My mistake. After rechecking, the giveaway was for the 1963 models and the date would have been 1962.

My mistake. After rechecking, the giveaway was for the 1963 models and the date would have been 1962.

Thanks for the clarification. And the correct answer to the original question is THIRTY Avantis!......#3