Avanti trim part wanted

psdenno

I'm looking for the chrome strip the runs horizontal and divides the carpeted section of the inner door panel from the upper vinyl section. The is for a '63 Avanti DRIVER'S side door panel.

Contact me by email at: ddeeds (at) psusd.us

Those pieces are made of unobtainium. When I needed them I was unable to find them anywhere, but vendors may have some good used now after several years. Give a call to Myer's Studebaker or Nostalgic Motors...maybe some cars have been parted out since I was looking for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Until you find an OEM one, you might look at chrome door edge molding. I know they make them in plastic and they were available historically in chrome plated steel and are a universal fit part. The plastic ones in my 83 remind me of the universal stuff. Just a "U" shaped piece.

Bob

Until you find an OEM one, you might look at chrome door edge molding. I know they make them in plastic and they were available historically in chrome plated steel and are a universal fit part. The plastic ones in my 83 remind me of the universal stuff. Just a "U" shaped piece.

Bob

I understand what you mean, but I believe he's looking for the stainless very narrow moulding used to separate the vinyl from the carpeted door panel section on Stude Avantis.....This moulding was not used on an '83 Avanti.

• 3 weeks later...

You're welcome!

Eddy, I was thanking those individuals who contacted me off-forum to offer the part I needed and to close out my request for assistance. You weren't one of the helpful individuals. But, I understand your need to always try to get the last word by tagging meaningless comments on to as many message threads as you can. Forrest Gump was right.

Dennis

Eddy, I was thanking those individuals who contacted me off-forum to offer the part I needed and to close out my request for assistance. You weren't one of the helpful individuals. But, I understand your need to always try to get the last word by tagging meaningless comments on to as many message threads as you can. Forrest Gump was right.

Dennis

Always try to label and properly store Avanti parts after removing them...That way you wont keep losing things!!

Archived