Back in the day, if a Studebaker dealer telegraphed the factory he wanted his Avanti parts order shipped "SPASM"...what would that indicate?:huh:

3 hours ago, r1lark said:

"Ship duplicate order of"

Was it telegraph, or teletype? 

CORRECT!...if a dealer ordered one Avanti rear bumper...he now wanted two of that same item!

Telegraph I believe.:)

4 hours ago, r1lark said:

"Ship duplicate order of"

Was it telegraph, or teletype? 

IIRC, telegraph is the general system of sending information and Teletype was a particular apparatus.   

MFG -  not trying to hijack this question, but I just tried to send you a PM and it said you don't receive such messages.  I am trying to get in touch with Ron Crall, who I believe owns Avanti 1025.  I am hoping he could tell me what cylinder heads and intake manifold are on 1025's 299 engine.  If you could help me get in touch with him, I would appreciate it.  Mike Seibert

6 hours ago, VtMike said:

MFG -  not trying to hijack this question, but I just tried to send you a PM and it said you don't receive such messages.  I am trying to get in touch with Ron Crall, who I believe owns Avanti 1025.  I am hoping he could tell me what cylinder heads and intake manifold are on 1025's 299 engine.  If you could help me get in touch with him, I would appreciate it.  Mike Seibert

Hi Mike, Not sure why PM did not go through. I've never sent a PM on this forum myself, however, I understand that others have had problems doing so!:o

Ron Crall is listed in the '21 AOAI Roster....His email is....ron@crall.com....... and his tel # is....207 502 3633

Got to see & sit in 63R-1025 a few years ago....it certainly is an interesting Studebaker Avanti!.......Take care:)