Swayed Lark!

mfg

If someone wanted to install a'64 Studebaker Avanti rear sway bar on a '64 Studebaker Lark, the only problem he'd encounter would be welding the L&R 'link support brackets' to the Lark frame.......True?

The sway bar brackets don't weld on, at least not on a Lark/Hawk (and I don't think on an Avanti either)........they bolt on. Plus the shape of the Avanti bar is significantly different than the Lark/Hawk. So I will say this is FALSE. 

2 minutes ago, r1lark said:

The sway bar brackets don't weld on, at least not on a Lark/Hawk (and I don't think on an Avanti either)........they bolt on. Plus the shape of the Avanti bar is significantly different than the Lark/Hawk. So I will say this is FALSE. 

Actually, the Stude Avanti upper link brackets are welded to the L&R rear frame rails.....and aren't present on Lark or Hawk models.

This trivia question is indeed FALSE, but not for the reason you gave.:(

Any other thoughts on this one?

Just looked at some pics online of the Avanti sway bar and chassis. Didn't realize how different the Avanti sway bar setup was from the President Classic/Lark/Hawk setup.  I see what you are talking about on the upper link brackets. 

Now that I have seen the pics of the Avanti bar, to me the big issue trying to put the Avanti sway bar on a Lark would be gas tank interference. Is this what you were looking for?

Just now, r1lark said:

Just looked at some pics online of the Avanti sway bar and chassis. Didn't realize how different the Avanti sway bar setup was from the President Classic/Lark/Hawk setup.  I see what you are talking about on the upper link brackets. 

Now that I have seen the pics of the Avanti bar, to me the big issue trying to put the Avanti sway bar on a Lark would be gas tank interference. Is this what you were looking for?

Good thought Paul!, but the Avanti bar does clear the tank!

Any other ideas here?:huh:

Would you have interference issues between the links and the Lark tailpipes to deal with?

Here is a frame image from an Avanti brochure:

xframe.jpg

Edited by r1lark

4 hours ago, Avanti83 said:

The only other attachment point is the spring mounting plate for the swaybar ends so you would need to add the mounts there also. 

Nope,:(..... the Lark  leaf spring mount will work with the Avanti rear sway bar....Only a "U" type clamp would need to be added between the u-bolt ends.

4 hours ago, r1lark said:

Would you have interference issues between the links and the Lark tailpipes to deal with?

Here is a frame image from an Avanti brochure:

xframe.jpg

You 'nailed' it!:).....New tailpipes need to be fabricated when an Avanti rear sway bar is adapted to a Lark.....Perhaps more of a pain than welding on the link brackets!!:o