Exhaust leak

Cbitz233

So I thought my exhaust manifold gasket was leaking but turns out on the passenger side, tight above the exhaust manifold there is a some sort of plastic piece that has 3 hoses going straight the passenger side into the dash, one goes under the carburetor and onto a valve, and the other I don't know where. The plastic piece has a huge hole in it, but I don't know what this part is called or seem to find something similar online. When i get home ill take some pictures. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about ?

What year is your car and what engine do you have in it?  Right off the bat, I'm thinking your 'plumbing', or at least part of it, may have been part of a heat riser set up for choke operation.

Edited by Mel

Go to a website like Corvette Central or Ecklers...look at their C3 generation of Corvettes...they have diagrams for every engine and engine accessory used during those years.  You should be able to pick out the part you're talking about and get the name of it.  Then you can source it locally or order it.

Scrounged through the box of junk I stripped off the 83 when I replaced the engine. If this is close to what you described I'll post pictures of the part numbers on it.

You can have this one for postage but it's 35 yo so I have no idea if it works.

In any case, Gunslinger's suggestion is an excellent idea.

JKTrEol.jpg